This week I had my second Arduino Workshop. The session started off with using electric conducting paint to create a conducting paper. The paint was rather think but it was easy to use and I found out that even if I painted or screen printed over it to adjust the colour and it would still be conductive. I made a pattern using sellotape to make a blocker and a triangular Aztec design. Seeing that the paint took a long time to dry, I used Sylvia’s painted sculpture to attach it to the computer. After doing this we used the connected paper to turn on and off an LED light and also to start a movie.
Although again I found it really complicated using coding and mixing technology and art, it has sparked off some ideas for my final installations. Even though I fear my idea may be complexed, I feel the outcome will be worth it.